Frank L. Blum Construction Company won a competitive bid to renovate and expand Forsyth Country Club’s casual dining areas. A portion of the building, originally constructed in 1913, was removed to make way for a 1,300-square-foot addition to the Members’ Grille. The project also included renovations to the remaining portion of the Members Grille, as well as the Family Grill and kitchen. Careful scheduling and coordination allowed the Club’s food service to continue with minimal interruption.
Thanks to the renovation, areas that were once dark and low-ceilinged are now brighter, airier spaces that include French wallcovering and banquette seating. Finishes are contemporary, yet blend with the Neo-classical Georgian architecture of the Clubhouse. In early 2015, the project received an Award of Excellence from the Architectural Woodwork Institute.