Wake Forest Baptist Health Birth Center
Wake Forest Baptist Health
The Birth Center’s clinical and design teams worked with patient advisers to ensure the new facility includes features that are most important to moms and families. The Blum team managed more than 350 people, which at times involved 24-hours-a-day shifts, in order to complete the project on time and on budget.
- 100,000-square-foot facility
- Two-floor, state-of-the-art labor and delivery center
- Leading-edge neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
- Nine triage, four preparation and recovery rooms, four OB-GYN procedure rooms
- 17 labor and delivery rooms, four dedicated to alternative deliveries
- On-staff certified nurse midwives in a home-like setting.
- NICU with 51 private patient rooms, two reserved for twins.