Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Project Owner: The Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County
Designer: Walter, Robbs, Callahan & Pierce and CJMW Architecture
Frank L. Blum Construction Company gutted downtown's distinctive Sawtooth Building, an original hoisery mill opened in 1910, and the former A.C. Delco Battery building to make way for renovations that became the multipurpose Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts.
The renovation relocated the building's entrance from Marshall Street to Spruce Street, and now incorporates performing arts spaces, including the Hanesbrands Theatre, as well as adaptable public galleries and arts education classrooms and studios.